SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#81996 - 10/24/07 12:42 PM New "Gigmobiles..."
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Always have to consider hauling equipment when purchasing personal or company vehicles. Last year, I got a Scion XB for use as a company delivery vehicle, which is small, economical and holds a lot (it's the one that looks like a box). DonM also bought one and likes it.

In getting a new personal vehicle and replacing my company car this year (2008 models), I got the new Xb, which is a vastly diferent vehicle. It's basically a Camry, with a box frame. Add leather, heated seats, etc. and it's the perfect "gigmobile".

I've also ordered the replacement for my company car, which was a Subaru Outback. Have had multiple Subaru's, but the dealer is new and has a pretty bad rep. I've ordered a new Honda CR-v EX with the sport package. It's more expensive, less features (no heated mirrors, power seats, heated windshield wipers, heated seats, weather band, etc.).

Anyone had experience with the CR-V's? I already miss my trusty Subaru!

Russ

#81997 - 10/24/07 12:46 PM Re: New "Gigmobiles..."
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Uncle Dave sold them..

#81998 - 10/24/07 04:13 PM Re: New "Gigmobiles..."
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The 2008 CRv is brand new since I was there. Looks more like the Acura MDX model.

#81999 - 10/25/07 09:40 AM Re: New "Gigmobiles..."
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
The Honda CR-V is a great rig, ultra dependable. We have an older one 2001 and are concidering the 2008.

Jerry

#82000 - 10/25/07 08:16 PM Re: New "Gigmobiles..."
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
About 1/4 of motorhome owners are towing CRV's behind their motorhomes because they can be towed flat on all 4 wheels and because they only weigh about 3100 pounds. I have never heard of a problem or complaint about one from a motorhome owner. We just returned from southern California where we were captive to fire, hurricane force winds, smoke, Closed hiways and sand storms. We were at the factory rally for our make of motorhome Rexhall and there were several 2008 CRV's there. I got to talk to the owners and look at them in and out. some of the owners are repeat customers.
I think my next toad will be a CRV.
We are truly thankful to have excaped all the above and once again back home.
Bebop

#82001 - 10/26/07 07:26 AM Re: New "Gigmobiles..."
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Glad you guys are safe, Bill.

R.

#82002 - 10/29/07 08:02 PM Re: New "Gigmobiles..."
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
"new gigmobiles" got me thinking, and chuckling, as it spurred me to think about "new" gigmobiles from yesteryear. Not having any photos of the actual clunkers in question, I googled up a couple of pics. of some of my own gigmobiles of yore.
http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.lightstraw.co.uk/ate/tec/pot/j2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.lightstraw.co.uk/ate/tec/pot/index.html&h=180&w=283&sz=11&hl=en&start=5&tb nid=zjbRNxaHgvyKeM:&tbnh=73&tbnw=114&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmorris%2Bj2%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den

The second and third ones down were my 'pleasure' at one time.

If any of you fellas have any photos of your own gigmobiles of years gone by, please share them on here. I'm sure they'll raise a few smiles.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online